USES FOR SODIUM METABISULPHITE
- Water treatment for removal of Chloramines.
- Cleaning and disinfecting desalination systems and reverse osmosis membranes.
- Removal of tree stumps by degradation of lignin.
- For use in the photographic industry
- As a reducing agent in the extraction of gold from aqua regia
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
Properties of sodium metabisulphite:
Other names: sodium metabisulfite; sodium pyrosulphite; disodium disulphite; Pyrosulphurous acid, disodium salt
CAS No: 7681-57-4
EC No: 231-673-0
Appearance: white solid
Molar Mass: 190.11
Density: 1.48 g/cm3
Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water. (470 g/l at 20C)
pH: 3.5 to 5 [Acidic.]
Click here for MSDS
Click here to view sales specification sheet