COPPER (II) OXIDE
Other Names: Copper (II) oxide, cupric oxide, tenorite, Banacobru OL, Black copper oxide,C.I. 77403, C.I. Pigment Black 15, Coopers Permatrace Copper, Copacaps, Copper Brown, Copper monooxide, copper monoxide, CuO, Copper oxide black, Copper 2+ oxide, Copporal, Oxyde de cuivre
CAS No: 1317-38-0
EINECS No. 215-269-1
MOL Wt: 79.545 g/mol
Physical state: Black powder
Specific gravity: 6.31 g/cm3
Melting Point: 1201 C
Boiling point: 2000 C
Uses for Copper Oxide:
- In the production of other copper salts.
- A piment in ceramics to produce blue, red green, pink and black glazes.
- Used to make cuprammonium hydroxide which is used to make rayon.
- Used as a p-type semiconductor (band gap of 1.2eV).
- Polish abrasive for optical eqipment.
- Used in the manufacture of dry cell batteries.
- Used when welding copper alloys.
- As a substitute for iron oxide in thermite.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
Click here for MSDS
Click here for Sales Specification Sheet