20% v/v ACETIC ACID
20% Ethanoic Acid
20% White Vinegar
Acetic acid, CH3
COOH, also known as ethanoic acid, and commonly referred to as white vinegar is an organic acid, with a pungent smell. It is a weak acid, in that it is only partially dissociated in an aqueous solution.
Acetic acid is one of the simplest carboxylic acids, and is a very important industrial chemical.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
USES OF ACETIC ACID:
- Production of vinyl acetate monomer used in the manufacture of PVC
- Production of acetates used for inks, dyes, paints and coatings.
- Used as a stop bath in photograph development
- White vinegar concentrate used for cleaning, laundry etc
- As a descaler to remove limescale
- Natural, eco friendly weed killer
- As a rust remover
- As a preservative for silage
- Laboratory reagent
- Manufacture of acetates used as fungicides, pesticides and preservatives.
Properties of Acetic acid:
Other Names: Ethanoic Acid
CAS No.: 64-19-7
EC No: 200-580-7
Molar mass: 60.05 g mol?1
Melting Point: 16.5 oC
Boiling point: 118.1 oC