Propylene glycol monomethyl ether
PM Glycol Ether * Methoxy Propanol
PM / Propylene glycol methyl ether is the fastest evaporating solvent of the glycol ether family. It has a high water solubility, excellent solvent with good coupling properties making it suitable for cleaning solutions and coating applications. This hydrophilic solvent has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems.
USES FOR PM Propylene glycol methyl ether
• Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
• Active and tail solvent for solvent based gravure and flexographic printing inks.
• Coupling agent in solvent blends for water-based gravure, flexographic, and silk screen printing inks.
• Carrier solvent for ball point and felt tip writing pen inks.
• Coupling agent and solvent for household and industrial cleaners, rust removers, and hard surface cleaners.
• Solvent for agricultural pesticides, deactivator and emollient for livestock pesticides
Properties of PM Propylene glycol methyl ether:
CAS No: 107-98-2
Molar mass: 90.1 g mol
Density: 0.919 g/cm, liquid
Boiling Point: 120 C
Viscosity: 1.7 cP at 25 C
Other Names: Dowanol PM, 1-Methoxy-2-propanol, Methoxypropanol, Propylene glycol monomethyl ether,
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
Click here for MSDS
Click here to view sales specification sheet