A Pure Dried Vacuum Salt.
A minimum of 99.9% NaCl with a bulk density of between 1.22 and 1.32 gcm-3. Pure dried vacuum salt is suitable for a wide range of general applications including chemical, industrial and water treatment where quality and purity are paramount.Commonly used in textile & dye manufacture, Shampoo & detergent manufacture
- Chemical Name: Sodium Chloride
- Synonyms: Halite
- Formula: NaCl
- CAS Number: 7647–14–5
- EINECS Number: 231–598–3
- Appearance : Crystalline solid
- Colour : White / Colourless
- pH : 10.0 approx. (10% solution)
- Boiling Point : 1413oC
- Melting Point : 802oC
- Flammability : Non-flammable
- Flash Point : Non-flammable
- Explosive Properties : Non-flammable
- Oxidising Properties : Non-flammable
- Vapour Pressure : 2.4mm Hg at 747oC
- Density : 2.165 g cm-3 (of crystalline solid at 20oC)
- Water Solubility : 35.9 g/100g at 0oC 39.2 g/100g at 100oC
A typical sieve analysis is as follows:
- 100% passes through 1400 micron sieve.
- max. 8% retained on 850 micron sieve.
- max. 56% retained on 425 micron sieve.
- max. 91% retained on 300 micron sieve.
Health & Safety:
Under the Classification, Packaging and Labelling of Dangerous Substances Regulations, 1984, this material is not dangerous for supply or conveyance.