SODIUM SULPHITE ANHYDROUS
USES OF SODIUM SULPHITE
- Oxygen scavanger for water treatment in photographic industry.
- To wash fixer, sodium thiosulphate from film and photopaper emulsions.
- As a bleaching, desulphurizing and dechlorinating agent in the textile industry.
- Used as a sulphating and sulphomethylating agent.
- Used in the production of sodium thiosulphate
- Used in oil recovery.
- Used in the making of dyes.
- Used as a water treatment to reduce chlorine levels in pools.
CAS No: 7757-83-7
Other names: Sodium sulfite, Hypo Clear (photography)
Appearance: white solid
Density: 2.633 g/cm3
Solubility: 67.8 g/100 g @20oC
Molecular weight: 126.043 g/mol
Melting point: 500oC
Click here to view MSDS
Click here for Sales Specification sheet
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.