General reagent grade
- CAS No:12125-02-9
- Other names: Sal ammoniac
- Appearance: white powder
- Formula: NH4Cl
- Density: 1.5274 g/cm3
- Solubility: 29.7 g/100 mL (0 oC) 37.2 g/100 mL (20 oC) 77.3 g/100 mL (100 oC)
- Molecular weight: 53.491 g/mol
- Melting point: 338 oC (decomposes)
USES OF AMMONIUM CHLORIDE
- Source of nitrogen in fertilisers.
- Nutritive media for yeast microbiological organisms.
- Used in fireworks.
- Used in the textile and leather industry.
- Used to add lustre to cotton.
- Used as a flux in preparing metals to be tin coated, galvanised and soldered.
- Used for cleaning tip of soldering irons.
- An electrolyte in zinc-carbon batteries.
- Used in hair shampoos and cleaning products.
- Used in plywood glue.
- Used in cooling baths to produce low temperatures.
- Used as a buffer solution when used in conjunction with ammonia.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
Click here for MSDS
Click here for TECH