Technical grade crystals
AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE USES:
- As a flame retardant
- Ammonium sulfamate is used as a compost accelerator. It is especially effective in breaking down the tougher and woodier weeds put onto the compost heap.
- Accelerates the break down and rotting of tree stumps.
- As a reagent in laboratories.
- As a plasticiser
- Used in the printing industry
- In electro-plating
- As a herbicide (outside the EU) - Ammonium Sulphamate was once considered to be particularly useful in controlling tough woody weeds, tree stumps and brambles. However in 2008 the EU removed its approval as a registered herbicide and therefore it can no longer be advertised or sold explicitly for this purpose. We therefore do not sell ammonium sulphamate for this purpose. Its availability and use as a compost accelerator is unaffected by the EUs pesticide legislation.
To use as a compost accelerator:
Apply either by adding crystals directly onto compost or as a solution containing 200g of ammonium sulphate per litre of water.
For improving the rotting of dead tree stumps drill holes in the stump before applying the crystals.
Properties of Ammonium Sulphate:
- CAS No: 7773-06-0
- EINECS No: 231-871-1
- Formula: NH2SO3NH4
- MOL Wt: 114.12
- Ammonium sulphamate: 98.5%
- Sulphate: 0.05% max
- Chloride: 0.002% max
- Fe: 0.00014% max
- Toxicity: Oral rat LD50: >2000 mg/kg
- Physical state: solid, odourless, colourless crystals
- Melting Point: 131C
- Boiling Point: 160C decomposes
- Specific gravity: 1.6-1.7
- Solubility: 2800g/L
- Bulk Density: 1.026g/cm3
- pH (5% solution): 5.2
- Other Names: SULFAMIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT; AMIDOSULFONIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT; AMINOSULFONIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT;AMMONIUM SULFAMATE; AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULFATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULFONATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULPHATE, Amicide, Amidosulfate, Ammate, Amcide, Ammate X-NI, AMS, Fyran 206k, Ikurin, Sulfamate, AMS and Root-Out.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.